This year I decided to Google self-reflection and the below questionnaire came up and I thought I would give it ago and share my answers.
Sit down at your computer, or take out a notebook and a pen, and fill out the answers for the following year-end reflection questions:
1. The most important goal that I achieved this year was:
This year was more of a personal achievement. I have always dreamed about going to Europe as a little girl and I finally saved enough money and travelled the Mediterranean Sea with my partner for a month. This trip we planned ourselves no help from any travel agents.
2. My biggest fitness accomplishment was:
In 2016, I decided to get back into soccer again and I was in the last division to help build my fitness and skills. My goal for 2017 was to make the next division squad (reserves). At first, I was told unfortunately I just wasn’t fit enough and I needed to work on my speed, so I went and practice on my sprints on hills. Finely, I made it to the team and to make things even better, our team won the Grand Final for 2017.
3. My biggest career accomplishment was:
This year I feel I have slacked off in my job. However my biggest accomplishment in my job today would have been organising our staff annual awards night. Next year I am going to try and focus on my career.
4. My biggest relationship accomplishment was:
This year my family has had a lot of ups and downs. My biggest relationship accomplishment is putting my judgement to the side and offering support to my sister, hoping to lead her in the correct path as she goes through her teenage years.
5. These are the skills I acquired this year:
Hmm.. if this is to do with professional development.. I guess I could say my skills are improving in Microsoft office. Maybe this is something I could look into in 2018.
6. A big mistake that I made this year—and the lesson that I learned as a result—was:
I haven’t made any ‘BIG’ mistakes but there was times when I unfortunately missed a few items in my workplace which had some consequences. I have learnt to double check my emails.
7. An obstacle or a challenge that I overcame this year:
I’ve been thinking about this one for a couple days.. nothing really comes to mind except what I have just written in number 8.
8. This year, I learned the following about myself:
I’m mentally weak and this can really affect my fitness, personal, and work goals and achievements. This can be challenging at times as I will give up and throw in the towel, I am hoping I can work on this in 2018.
9. Here’s something I learned about other people:
Not sure about this question as in ‘other people’ this could mean anything? I guess I can say when we were travelling around in Europe we had a few encounters with locals whom are extremely nice and will help you with directions when you’re lost and try to speak as much English as they can.
They would even help you perform a task. Example – when I was in Florence, we needed to complete some washing so we went to the laundry mat. Nothing was in English and we were struggling because it was very old school. A lady tried to help us as much as possible even though she spoke no English.
10. This made me laugh the hardest this year:
On our trip around Europe, we were in Rome. Alex was sitting down and was about to take a bite of his pastry when a massive seagull flew in and stole it right out of his hand. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen.
11. The most fun I had all year was:
I’ve had loads of fun this year, but it was great on Christmas Eve as all my friends were home from overseas and was just good to have some chats and laughs with them all in such a long time.
12. My best memory of the year was:
The sunset sailing cruise we did around Santorini, it was absolutely beautiful.
13. My biggest regret of the year was:
Probably spending too much money on my credit card… oops
14. My biggest disappointment of the year was:
Around March time our company ask to send through request for training to be place in the budget and then these training options were discussed in my performance appraisal around May. I never heard anything back from the company, so I sent a query one day asking about how it was going, only to be told it wasn’t in the budget. This really upset me as we had a new person come aboard and they were granted a training budget straight away.
15. The books I read this year were:
Diving In. I definitely need to read more books!
16. My favorite movie of the year was:
Stars Wars – the last Jedi
17. A TV show I really enjoyed watching this year was:
Narco’s on Netflix. Very interesting to learn about the famous Pablo Escobar.
18. I really enjoyed this live performance (concert, play, musical, or dance performance):
I have been to a couple of gigs this year, so very hard to narrow down. Laneway Festival and Falls Festival was a highlight for me,
19. Here’s a song I listened to over and over again this year:
Say Something Loving by The XX.
20. This is something I wish I hadn’t bought this year:
I bought a top and never wore it.
21. This is the best thing I bought all year:
MacBook Pro and IPhone 7 (finally upgraded after my IPhone 5 died)… and of course a plane ticket to Europe hehe.
22. Someone I really enjoyed spending time with this year was:
23. I adopted this new positive habit:
Not too sure… I probably need to ask someone else close to me!
24. I dropped this negative habit:
I used to swear A LOT (gross). I can gladly say my swearing is to a minimum.
25. One time I stood up for myself this year was:
hmm… I’d say once at work I would of but I can’t recall to much.
26. The scariest thing I went through this year was:
I can laugh about it now but we were on our way back home to Australia from Madrid. When we were going through security, the guard pulled Alex aside and told him to go line up and go back through the check as he left his Ipad in his backpack. I didn’t see him go back into the line and thought he went downstairs without me. So off I went downstairs and everyone was running to get on this train, I got caught up in the moment and freaked out and jumped on the train. On arrival to the gate for the passport control, I waited and waited and started to freak out because I couldn’t see him anywhere. I started to cry and asked for help as he didn’t have his wallet, phone or passport as I had everything! The airport doesn’t have a PA system so they couldn’t do an announcement, the guard told me to go back all away around to the front. I had to run and run and explain myself several times. FINALLY we were reunited at the security part again and we only had 10 minutes to make our flight. Lucky, our flight was delayed due to the delays at the passport control section.
We made our flight and cried/laughed together. What an experience that was.
27. A really cool thing I created this year was:
I wouldn’t say ‘cool’ but I was pretty proud of some of the posters I had made at work for work events and also staff newsletters.
28. My most common mental state this year was:
I guess you could say most of the time I am happy.
29. Here’s how I grew emotionally this year:
I’m very sensitive and let things get to me too easily in work and personal life. I am trying to slowly overcome this. I feel like playing sports helps me grow.
30. Here’s how I grew spiritually this year:
I’ll skip this one.
31. The best gift I received this year was:
I’ve received some really nice gifts this year, I felt very spoilt by all my loved ones. My boyfriend got me tickets to see a band next year, so I’m very excited about that.
32. The nicest thing someone did for me this year was:
My dog ran away and they chase her down and bought her back home. We are lucky she didn’t get hit by a car.
33. The nicest thing I did for someone else this year was:
I saw an elderly lady struggling to lift her frame out of the car so I asked her if she needed help and I remember she was so happy as it was very heavy and I carried it to the shop for her.
34. I showed real gumption this year when I:
There has been a few times at work.
35. If I could change one thing about this year it would be:
I would of applied for a tafe course at the start of this year instead of 2018.
36. A new food/dish I tried this year was:
We tried many exotic foods in Spain, France, Italy, Greece and Hong Kong. I remember eating a baby eel sandwich in Madrid, Spain.
37. This year my physical health was:
I have always been pretty fit over the last year.
38. Here’s a new friend I made this year:
I made new friends in my soccer team, we have bonded great as a team.
39. This year I travelled to:
Spain, Italy, France, Greece and Hong Kong.
40. Here’s one adventure I had this year:
41. One contribution I made to my community was:
Raising money through our company for the Gold Coast Community Fund.
42. This year I spent a lot of time here:
Currumbin beach. Love a good tanning session!
43. This year I broke out of my comfort zone by:
I can be very shy and don’t like talking up in groups and meetings. A couple of times this year I did. I’m slowly getting better at it.
44. A hobby I loved spending time on this year was:
I’ve recently started to write a blog, I really enjoy it even if people don’t decide to read it. I do it for myself. I also love playing soccer.
45. This year I practiced self-care by:
I recently bought an expensive skin care product to help with my oily skin and acne. It is currently working as a charm!
46. My biggest time waster this year was:
I spend way too much time on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
47. Here’s a great time-saving hack I learned this year:
48. What I am most grateful for this year is:
I’m fit and healthy, have a loving family, friends and boyfriend.
49. Here are three words that would sum up this year:
Crazy, adventurous and fast.
50. If I could travel back to the beginning of the year, here’s some advice I would give myself:
Stop worrying about what people think about. Focus on yourself and not them.
This was actually great, because I really had to think about the year and what has happened. Maybe it will help me with some New Year’s Resolutions… or how I can put some goals in place. Next year I need to focus on my career development by the looks of things.
Copy these questions and fill out your one and then let me know. I would love to read about other bloggers self-reflections.
Thanks for reading.
I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year. Bring on 2018 and the new adventures.